Sunday, September 5, 2021

Where Does Inspiration Come From?

Have you ever wondered how a card is born?  How the artist came up with the idea?  I know I do.  Especially when sitting down to create - I often hit a wall when trying to come up with an idea for a card.  

So sometimes I look "outside" the craft room for my inspiration.  And that's what happened while standing in line at the post office last week.  You know how they have a rack of cards for customers to purchase while waiting?  Well this was a pack of cards hanging on that wall:


I know...kinda simple and a little goofy.  But I knew I could do something with it.  So I got home and pulled out Plentiful Plants, and, voila:


Now I've heard that "comparison is the thief of all joy", but I couldn't help it.  I just had to compare my card to the one in the post office.   And I still had my joy!  😁


I LOVE 💖 these plants!  Lots of combinations to create different pots and plants, and if you add in the coordinating patterned paper, you have even more!  Especially if you use the Perfect Plants dies!  Because you can cut leaves and pots from the paper!  So many options.  

I stamped the biggest pot and the reddish one, and cut the small one with the dies.  The Evening Evergreen pot on the lower left was cut from the Bloom Where You're Planted patterned paper.  All the plants were stamped using Just Jade, Soft Succulent or Evening Evergreen inks.  

And look at that background paper - That's from the Bloom Where You're Planted paper pack too.  


I tried to get my plants to match the one from the card at the post office, and I think I did pretty well. Then I added a few jewels for a little sparkle.


Keep you eyes open.  Always look for things that spark joy (OK now I sound like Maria Kondo! 😂).  But find it and use it for your inspiration.  You never know where you'll find it! 


Product List

No comments: