Wednesday, May 29, 2019

When Paper is all You Need

Sometimes you just have to let the paper do the talking:


I had a piece of the new Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper on my desk and knew I had to use it for a card.  It was a 4-1/4" x 6" piece, and it was talking to me.

So I set out to make a taller-than-usual card so I could get as much of the design on the card as possible.  Hence a 4-1/4" x 6" card.

I started with Mossy Meadow, two pieces cut 4-1/4"  wide.   One piece was 7" long, scored at 1", and the other was just a hair under 6" long.  I placed the 6" piece under the flap on the 7" piece, adhering it to make a long card.  Then I covered the front (where the flap showed) with the green piece of coordinating DSP.

The patterned DSP was mounted to Blackberry Bliss and I wrapped some Old Olive Bakers Twine around it before adhering it to the card front.


The rose is from Healing Hugs, stamped in "second generation" Blackberry Bliss (stamp off once before stamping the image on Whisper White).  I fussy cut it with Paper Snips.


I turned to Well Said and Well Written for the sentiment, on a new Stitched Nested Label.  The butterfllies are also from Well Written.  (Like this set?  Be sure to order before June 4 and save 10% on the bundle.  These products will not be sold together in the new catalog.)


So pretty.

And for the inside:


Another stamped off rose with the words stamped in full strength Blackberry Bliss.

You're going to love Perennial Essence!  Such a beautiful collection of designer papers!

And you can get your own pack starting Tuesday, June 4th.

Product List

2 comments:

Ceresa said...

I love this DSP! And I love your card. I'm going to CASE your card this weekend.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Ceresa; I love this paper too! CASE away (I'm flattered!)