Friday, May 24, 2019

68 Years!

What must it be like to be married for 68 years - to the SAME person?  I only hope I will be so fortunate!

My mom and dad are celebrating their 68th wedding anniversary this weekend.  I say "celebrating" but it's really a bittersweet day.  My mom is suffering from dementia, so she won't really be aware of the significance of this day, although she still remembers, and deeply loves, my dad.  But HE knows...so I needed to send a card commemorating the occasion.


When I started this card, I didn't really know where it was going.  But I wanted two 'love birds", so I pulled out my Stamparatus and the new Free As a Bird stamp set, and made another "reverse stamping" card.

I inked up the bird with Tuxedo Black, and stamped it three times (using the Stamparatus to keep it perfectly aligned) on a Silicone Craft Sheet.  Then I carefully placed a piece of Whisper White cardstock over the sheet and stamped the bird one more time.  When I flipped over my cardstock, I had a bird facing the opposite direction.  Then I lined up my paper and stamped the second bird, facing the first one.


The birds were colored with Balmy Blue and Daffodil Delight Combo packs of Stampin' Blends, with a touch of Pumpkin Pie and Mossy Meadow for the beaks and grass.  Then I lined up my sentiment (masking off the "we're") and stamped it in Tuxedo Black.

The panel was cut using the Rectangle Stitched dies, and I added a small stitched heart, from the Stitched Labels dies.  


Using the Stitched Nested Labels dies, I cut the Balmy Blue panel, and embossed it with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder.

The foliage is from the Foliage Frame dies.


The card is 5-1/2" x 11" of Thick Whisper White, scored at 5-1/2" to create a square.  The DSP is from the new Bird Ballad DSP pack, with a piece of Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon wrapped around it.  


I am grateful to my parents for setting a wonderful example of a long, happy marriage.  My sister, brother and I have all been married for 35+ years, so I think my folks did good.  Don't you?

Bird Ballad Suite is coming June 4th.  Get ready.  It's a beautiful suite of products!


Product List


No comments: