Saturday, May 11, 2019

I'm Creating Again!

Well, it's been quite a few weeks!  Three weeks ago I started dismantling my craft room in my California home of 25 years, getting ready for a big move to Oregon.  I was a bit freaked about not being able to create for a few weeks, but with all the move "activities", I really didn't have much time to think about it.

We moved in just two weeks ago, and, naturally the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms became a priority.  Not to mention the garage!  Leaving a 3-car garage and moving into a smaller space caused some consternation trying to figure it all out.  But shelving done, multiple trips to the recycling center completed, I was ready to my next challenge.

The craft room.


It started out like this.  And all I wanted to do was run away, screaming!

But then I got a little more organized.


I moved boxes out of the way and designed a plan.  Although my son (the contractor) wanted to build me my dream room, I declined for the time being, and went with a simple idea.  And a trip to IKEA.


Ready to roll!

After a few days of hard work, I was almost ready.


There are still a number of boxes to unpack, shelving to put up and "settling" to do, but I finally made enough space to create.

Take a look:


I really wanted to use something new!  I had received two orders of "stuff that is coming" in the new Annual Catalog (starting June 4th!), but made myself wait until I actually had space to create.   So now was the time!


This is the large daisy from a new set called Daisy Lane.  The large flower can be punched with the same Daisy Punch we all know and love, that coordinates with Daisy Delight.  But in June, there will also be a smaller daisy punch--can't wait!  I stamped the leaves in Mossy Meadow, then ran the Whisper White cardstock through my embossing machine with the Subtle Embossing Folder.  I ran it through twice, turning the paper 90 degrees the second time through.  This gives an almost linen-like look to the paper.


And look at the center of this flower!  The Perennial Essence Floral Centers are the perfect touch for these daisies.  Can you see this brand new Designer paper?  Perennial Essence is going to be a favorite; it's absolutely beautiful!  And here's a sneak peek at some new ribbon.  The Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon is lovely to work with and ties a beautiful bow (although I only layered a piece with some soon-to-be retired White Cotton ribbon).  The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings, happily carrying over from this year's catalog.


I decorated the inside with a few more daisies, as well as a sentiment from Abstract Impressions, one of my faves!


So now I have Mother's Day cards for my mom and my mother-in-law.  They'll be getting them a little late, but hey, better late than never, right?













No comments: