Sunday, May 19, 2019

A Puzzle in Rose

Rococo Rose is one of the brand new In Colors for 2019-21.  I was able to preorder the new inks and cardstock and decided to try my hand at creating with this new pink.

Rococo Rose is a dusty rose color, and I found that it pairs beautifully with Merry Merlot.  Take a look:


I wanted to make one more Mother's Day card (yes, I know I'm a week late, but I have an excuse in that I just moved and had to put my new craft room together--it put me way behind schedule.  But my daughter understands; she sent me my January birthday card in June last year, so she's perfectly fine with getting her card a little late 😂).

I used one of my favorite stamp sets, Love You to Pieces.

The card base is a 4-1/2" x 9" piece of Thick Whisper White, scored and folded in half, with a layer of Merry Merlot, and then I added some of the new In Color Designer Series Paper.


I ran some Rococo Rose through my embossing machine with the Subtle embossing folder, and then used the Big Shot Embossing Mats with the large puzzle die to emboss the puzzle pattern without cutting it out.  (Heads up:  the Embossing Mats will be retiring at the end of the current Annual Catalog; if you like this look, be sure to order before June 3rd!  AND, Love You to Pieces is currently bundled with the Puzzle pieces dies--get them now and save 10%; they will not be sold together in the new catalog).


I also used the heart-die to cut the heart puzzle.  Before removing it from the die I put a little strip of Washi tape across the cut lines on the back to hold it together.  And see that nice white heart border?  I traced the negative space of the heart cut-out on Whisper White, and fussy-cut it with my Paper Snips, leaving a small border.  Then I simply glued the Merry Merlot heart onto the white.


The puzzle pieces were stamped with Rococo Rose ink, cut with the coordinating die and popped up with Dimensionals.  I tied a piece of Polka Dot Tulle ribbon (this will be returning in the new catalog) into a knot, then added the Rose/Merlot layer to my card.


For the inside I cut two of the puzzle pieces with Whisper White, used the Washi tape trick to hold them together, and stamped my sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings.

This card would make a great birthday, thinking of you, or congratulations card just by changing the sentiment inside.  

So what do you think of Rococo Rose?  I think it's growing on me, and may become an overnight sensation!

Don't have a demonstrator?  Need a new Annual Catalog?  Drop me an email and I'll tell you how to get one FREE!


Product List


No comments: