Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wednesday's "What's On the Desk?"


Time to see what is on my desk...and this week I had a little boat and a circle:


That little sailboat is one of three from the Lilypad Lake, so I pulled it out and began to play:


I had seen a cute card with a porthole, and my circle made me think of doing something similar, so I stamped some more of the sailboats and used the matching framelits to cut them out:


Each boat was colored using Stampin' Blends, and then I started putting it all together:


For this card, because the images were small, I used a card base from the Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes.  I covered the front with a piece of Crumb Cake, from which I cut a hole (same size as the circle that had been on my desk) using the Layering Circles dies, and then embossed the cardstock with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.

The water was stamped using Balmy Blue, a new Subtles color making an appearance on June 1st.  My sailboats were "floated" using Dimensionals, and the Crumb Cake layer was popped up on Dimensionals, centering the hole over the beachy scene.


The sentiment is actually "Be calm and leave it to God"; I masked the words so I only inked "Be calm" and stamped it on Whisper White.  I flagged the end using the Tailored Tag punch, and tied a little snippet of Basic Black thick Bakers Twine around it.  


Done!  All I needed was the "studs" on the porthole, and I had some leftover black rhinestones from the old Holiday Catalog--they were the perfect addition, don't you think?


And that's what I made from the pieces on my desk this week...what do you think?



Product List



No comments: