Sunday, May 6, 2018

Inspiration Sunday

How about another inspiration card?  Each Sunday I post a card created after something inspired me - a photo, an object, a sketch.  A few weeks ago, I was walking past a hardware/home goods store downtown and noticed this in the window:


The pattern and colors on this apron caught my eye, and I thought it would be fun to recreate the fabric.

Then, when I got thinking about my card, I pulled out a brand new set (to me)--Apron of Love.  And this is what I made:


Apron of Love made it's debut in the Occasions catalog, and I just found out it would be carrying over to our new Annual catalog...so I decided to spring for the stamps and the coordinating Apron Builder Framelits dies.  They are SO cute!  And sold as a bundle, I saved 10%!  That will NOT be available in the new catalog--you'll pay full price for both, so get them now!


I started by stamping the flowers from Happy Birthday Gorgeous on Whisper White cardstock, using Tuxedo Black, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Crushed Curry inks.  Then I took the apron die, and cut out my apron.

I stamped the sentiment on the apron pocket (cut with the dies), and then cut out those little scissors (eek!  So charming!) using Silver Foil sheets.   But I needed the handles to be black--Black Sharpie pen to the rescue!  I just colored the handles, and they look like Stampin' Up! Paper Snips!


The card base is Tempting Turquoise (about to retire!), with a layer of retired designer paper.  I stamped the hearts from the Apron of Love set using Tempting Turquoise ink on a turquoise panel and then added my apron.


And can you see that adorable piece of polka dotted ribbon on the bottom?  That's new--5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, and SO easy to tie!

The sentiment from Crafting Forever was stamped and cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits, and popped up on Dimensionals, to finish my card.

So that's my inspiration for this week...what do you think?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?

No comments: