Saturday, May 5, 2018

Animal Outing

One of my very favorite new stamp sets from the upcoming Stampin' UP! annual catalog is Animal Outing.  Look at this birthday card:


OMG!  I love this little kangaroo with the koala bear in her pouch!

My niece and her husband have a little boy, Noah, who is turning one tomorrow.  I had to make a cute birthday card, and I think this is just right.

The kangaroo is stamped in Tuxedo Black, and colored with Stampin' Blends Crumb Cake, both light and dark shades. The koala was colored with Smoky Slate.  CUTE!


Because this was a first birthday, I needed a way to incorporate a "1" on the card, and decided the kangaroo could hold a little sign.  😉  The sentiment is from Happy Birthday Gorgeous, and was stamped on a new color, Gray Granite.


I ran a piece of the new Balmy Blue through the Big Shot to emboss it.  It's adhered to a layer of Gray Granite, and a piece of White Bakers Twine was wrapped and tied.  This was then added to the card base of Dapper Denim (sadly retiring 😞).

The kangaroo is cut with the Stitched Shapes Framilits, popped up with Dimensionals, and leaves, from Painted Harvest, were stamped and punched with the Leaf punch.  

I don't think Noah will appreciate his card, but I know his parents will!


Product List

No comments: