Sunday, May 27, 2018

An Impossible Anniversary Card

So is that "an impossible card" or "an impossible anniversary"?

Actually, both!

My parents celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary today.  I find that nearly impossible to contemplate - being married to one person for 67 years!  What an accomplishment.

So to recognize their anniversary, I turned to the "impossible card":


I'm not sure where this name came from, as the card is VERY possible to make 😁.  But it IS pretty impressive, don't you think?

To start, I watched an excellent video about making the impossible card that was done by Julie DiMatteo over at The Paper Pixie (thanks, Julie!).  She did a fabulous job explaining and demonstrating every twist and turn of putting this card together - and there IS a twist to it.  But it was very easy to follow and my results were perfect!


Then I had to decide what products I would use to make my card, and decided the upcoming new stamp from Rooted in Nature would be perfect.  And since I had a tree for the focal image, what would be better than using "wood" paper--Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (which is carrying over - WOOT WOOT) would be just right.


I stamped the main tree after sponging on a variety of greens to the treetop - Old Olive, Garden Green, Lemon Lime Twist and Mossy Meadow, giving the leaves lots of depth and texture and a spring-like look.  I colored the trunk with a Soft Suede marker, stamped the image on Whisper White paper, and then cut it out with the coordinating Nature's Roots Framelits Dies.  And did you notice the names on the tree?  I stamped my mom and dad's names using the new Pick a Pennant set with Early Espresso ink.  Then I popped up the tree on my Whisper White panel, using Dimensionals.  (I hand-lettered "the start of our family tree" under the tree).


The "67 Years!" was cut using retired Little Numbers and Little Letters framelits--there are some retired things I just can't let go!  I used more of the Wood Textures paper for these.

And finally the sentiment - from Beautiful Bouquet and stamped in Early Espresso ink.  All I needed was a pretty knot of ribbon; I used the Lemon Lime Twist Ombre ribbon to complete my card.


The "impossible card" fits in a standard Whisper White envelope - I stamped a few leaves on the front.

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple--my favorite role models!


Product List

No comments: