Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Varied Vases Birthday

Talking to my 90-year old dad the other day, and he told me about his cousin, who is turning 98.  He asked me to send her a birthday card, so I sat down and made this:


Simple and pretty, and so easy!

I started with a piece of Shimmery White cardstock, and gave it a wash of new Highland Heather ink, using an AquaPainter.  Once that was dry (I used my heat tool to help it along) I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black.


Then I had fun building a little flower.  Varied Vases is a great new stamp set, with a number of vases and flowers so you can put together a pretty garden.  I chose the tulip and went with the new Gorgeous Grape for the color of my vase.


The stamp set has a coordinating punch - makes it easy to punch your vase.  And the tulip is the one flower that is also "punchable", along with the leaves for it.

I stamped the tulip outline, in Tuxedo Black, and filled it in with the solid tulip, stamping it in Highland Heather.  The stamps are photopolymer, and are very easy to line up for the perfect image.  The leaves are colored with Pear Pizzazz; the vase was stamped with Gorgeous Grape.


The card base is Gorgeous Grape, with a skinny layer of Pear Pizzazz.  All I had left to do was add a little bling--there's a new Artisan Pearl on the vase, and some retiring Glitter & Clear Enamel Shapes scattered around the card.

I haven't seen or spoken to the cousin in over 40 years but I remember her from when I was a little girl.  I hope she'll remember who I am, and will like her card!  

Product List




No comments: