Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Under the Sea

The new Sea of Textures stamp set is coming June 1st, and I have been having a blast coming up with ideas for it.  Take a look at my most recent creation:


Can you say "gorgeous"?  There is SO much texture on this card.  Let's take a closer look:


I started with a wash of Pool Party ink on Watercolor paper.  I then stamped the "sand" at the bottom of the page with Sahara Sand ink.

I also stamped some seaweed (you can just see the tiny leaves on the lower left side in the photo above) using Old Olive ink.  

The octopus was stamped in Island Indigo (a retiring color--get it now if you love it!),  and cut with the coordinating Under the Sea Framelits.  This set of dies is fabulous!  SO many coordinating dies that add a ton of texture to your cards.  You'll note that I cut the Lemon Lime Twist coral and the stamped Blushing Bride coral, along with the fishnet with these dies.  The net was cut with the Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper, so it's sparkly too.


And can you see the little goldfish?  That's another die that cuts a school of fish.  I used Copper Foil, saved each tiny fish, and adhered them to my card.  So fun!


There is also a swirl of Island Indigo "water" behind all the pieces; this was cut with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits dies.


Sea of Textures and the Under the Sea Framelits will be sold as a bundle in the Tranquil Textures Suite starting June 1.  If you would like a catalog, please feel free to contact me.  I supply all my customers with a FREE catalog each year, and I'd love to send you one too.


Product List

3 comments:

Sue Heekin said...

Oh, I sooo getting this set!!!
Love the card!!!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Sue! I love it too! This is just a fabulous stamp set and coordinating dies--who would have known that it was on the bottom of my list for a preorder, and I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't have some host benefits? SO glad I did!

Sue Heekin said...

Can't wait to see what you prioritized ahead of it as it really seems like something that would appeal to you...