Wednesday, April 4, 2018

"What's on the Desk?" Wednesday

Long post with lots of pictures today...Time for another look at my crafting table to see what's there and what I can do with it:


I'm going to Las Vegas on Friday to attend Stampin' Up!'s On Stage program, and have been a very busy bee making swaps (more about those in a few days) and gifts for my downline.  I had to keep cleaning up my work space so I could still create, so when I took a look at my desk the only thing that was on it was this new punch.  And some scraps of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack.

What to do...

Punch them!

And then I began to play.


Hmmm, nice and geometrical, but not sure I like the vanilla space between each shape...


Yeah, maybe that one.

So I started by finding the center of the base piece of cardstock:


Draw a line from each corner to the opposite corner:


Then from the center of each side to the opposite side:


Now I have my starting point:


And I'll fill in the space around the shape:


Keep going:


And keep going, adding adhesive to the base paper so you don't get it all over your workspace when pieces hang off the edges:


Finally fill in the little spaces and flip the card over to trim off the excess pieces (use the Vanilla card as a guide):

And voila:


Let's make a card.  I started by choosing another piece of the Wood Textures paper in a contrasting color and added some Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to the back:


Then, using the Happy Birthday Thinlits, I cut it out:


Almost done...need to stamp "to", but I don't want it to be in ink:


I know - emboss it with White Embossing Powder:


And a finished card:


Side view:

And that's today's "What's on the Desk?"

What do you think?  Won't you leave me a comment and tell me?



Product List

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! What a creative way to use the wood dsp scraps. Every man I know would appreciate getting this card. Thanks for the detailed photos on how to put it together.

Stampin' Amigos said...

My pleasure, Kathy! When I showed this to my husband, he commented, "That's a manly-man card", so I think you are right! Thanks for looking!