Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wednesday's "What's on the Desk?"

Where do the weeks go?  It's time, once again, for another round of finding my creativity with the tidbits left on my desk.

This is what I found today:


Hmmm, that's a bit of a mess.  I had pieces left from a card I will be using for Card Club later this week, and had been experimenting with colors.  So I have two circles - Peekaboo Peach and So Saffron - and a scalloped circle and "flourish" in Tranquil Tide.

What to do, what to do...


It needed another color - Flirty Flamingo.  Stamps?


How about Cool Treats, a retiring set that needs a little love?

Needs a fun background - Polka Dot Basics embossing folder:


Coming together, but I can't find a way to use the flourish; maybe next week?


Ice cream:


Yummy in Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo!

Layout:


I decided the circles needed some texture, so embossed them with the Scattered Sequins and Simple Stripes embossing folders, along with a retired Stars folder.  The words are stamped with Tranquil Tide, to balance out the scalloped circle.


Added to a card base of Thick Whisper White.


Done!  Just needed a few Tutti Frutti sequins.

And that's how I created with scraps!


I hope you like today's What's On the Desk?  Now go look at what's on YOUR desk and create something!


Don't forget to check out the retiring list and get your favs before they're gone.  Click here to view the list from the Annual Catalog, and here to see the retiring products from the Occasions catalog.  These things go quickly, so don't miss out!


Product List

No comments: