Friday, April 6, 2018

Eastern Beauty, Where Have You Been?

As Stampin' Up! is about to start a new year (June 1st), I know that several of the stamps I currently own will be retired.  So I'm trying to show them a little love, even though I don't know which will disappear.  But I pulled out Eastern Beauty, and fell in love all over again.


I was experimenting with a fun fold, and wanted to use some designer series paper.  I know that Eastern Palace will be retired (DSP never carries over from year to year - WITH the exception this year of Wood Textures, which we have been told WILL carry forward).  But I love these colors, and decided to work with the coordinating stamp set, Eastern Beauty.

Oh my!  I love this card!

Let's break it down.

1.  The Fold - I took a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock, cut 4-1/4" x 11" and scored it at 1-7/8" and 7-3/8".  This creates a regular 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card when folded, but there's a different opening:

See?

2.  The colors - Lemon Lime Twist and Dapper Denim, with Very Vanilla.  Luscious!

3.  That medallion!


I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla and cut it out with the coordinating Eastern Medallions Thinlits.  I punched a circle of Dapper Denim with the 1-3/8" circle punch to place behind it.  Then I used Lemon Lime Twist to create another medallion, layering it over a circle cut with the Layering Circles dies in Denim.  Stunning!

4.  The foil - The Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers make a beautiful border:


5.  Accessories - The lovely (and very easy to tie) Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon and some In Color Enamel Shapes perfectly finish off this card.

6.  But wait!  There's more!  - The Inside


Perfect corners using two of the small stamps make a nice detail for the inside of this card.

Eastern Beauty and the coordinating Eastern Medallions are offered as a bundle - get them now and save 10%, because, why wouldn't you?

Dapper Denim is one of the retiring In Colors this year.  If this is one of your favs, please stock up now.  Once it's gone, it's gone, and the 2016-18 In Colors (Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim and Sweet Sugarplum) will disappear quickly once the retirement list comes out next week.  So don't delay!

Product List

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I looove these colors together, and appreciate that you've given Denim a little more love. Not to mention the Eastern Palace bundle, which is a real knockout. Thanks.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Kathy - I totally agree - these colors are awesome together!