Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Mother-In-Law Card

Today I'm going to show you a somewhat different card, one that I once was told is called a "mother-in-law card".  And I had to laugh--it's called that because there is very little room to write a note.

😂



When I was in Las Vegas for On Stage (convention), I receive a swap card with this layout.  Although the card was very different, it reminded me of - the "mother-in-law" card.  And here is why it's called that:


You only get a half-sized panel on which to stamp your sentiment and write a note.  

But let's take a look at this pretty card:

1.  The base is only a flat 5-1/2" x 4-1/4".  This is Tranquil Tide
2.  The embossed layer is 5-1/4" x 4", and I used the Layered Leaves embossing folder
3.  The Whisper White note card is only 3" x 8-1/2", scored and folded at 5-1/2".  

I layered the top of the note card with Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper:


4.  The large scallop is cut with the Layering Circles Framelits dies and Whisper White cardstock
5.  The Tranquil Tide circle is also cut with the Layering Circles
6.  The daisy from Daisy Delight was stamped twice using Tranquil Tide ink, then punched with the Daisy Punch and layered together
7.  The finishing touch is the Clear Faceted Gem in the center of the daisy

Now at my Card Club we used the same design, but made it a Mother's Day card:

So pretty!

This one uses soon-to-be retired Wisteria Wonder cardstock and more of the Delightful Daisy DSP.  And we embossed the background with the Basket Weave embossing folder, but the basic card is the same as the Tranquil Tide one above.  

Try your hand at the "mother-in-law" card--there may not be much room to write a message, but I'm sure your mother-in-law will love it anyway!  

Product List



No comments: