Friday, April 27, 2018

Sea of Textures Meets Colorful Seasons

One of the reasons I love being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is because I get to order and play with new products before they are released to the general public.  At the last On Stage (convention) in Las Vegas, I got to experience the new Sea of Textures stamp set.  And when I had the ability to order it I jumped at the chance.

This wonderful set is full of stamps and coordinating framelits to add texture to your cards.  For my first "test drive" I was thinking "beach"--and came up with this card:


Isn't it pretty?

I started by stamping the "sand" on the bottom of a piece of Watercolor paper using Sahara Sand ink.  Next came the Blushing Bride coral.  Then I took an Aquapainter and some Pool Party ink and did an all-over wash of color.  While it was drying, I stamped some more of the coral and cut them out with the framelits, along with the seaweed (using the Myths & Magic Glimmer paper).  Finally I cut the smaller sand dollar with more of the Glimmer paper and used the little centers as starfish.


And that's when inspiration struck - I cut one of the Adirondack chairs using Soft Suede and the Seasonal Layers Thinlits dies and stamped the sentiment from Colorful Seasons with Soft Suede ink.

The stamped layer is adhered to a thin layer of Soft Suede and then to the Blushing Bride card base.  

I can't wait to show you the new Annual Catalog on June 1st!  There is so much to love!

But in the meantime...Just Breathe!

Product List









No comments: