Thursday, April 5, 2018

Swaps, Swaps, Swaps

When you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, you get the opportunity to attend some live events showcasing new products.  One of those events is coming up this weekend.  I'm headed to Las Vegas, with 4 of my friends/colleagues (and about 1,000 others!),and I'm getting excited.

One of the favorite pastimes of attendees is to "swap" card ideas with others.  Many of us bring cards (either full cards or just the card fronts) and share them with other demonstrators.  If you bring 50 swaps, you'll come home with 50 new ideas.  I've prepared some swaps to share this weekend, and thought I'd show you what I'll be exchanging:


I woke up one morning thinking about Waterfront, and how I could make it in black and white.  When I've attended previous Stampin' Up! events, there is often a "black & white" swap, and I always like seeing what I can come up with when limited to two colors.  This card actually uses Basic Gray and Smoky Slate, and then a lighter version of Smoky Slate that I got when I stamped off.


This was my prototype.  Although very happy with it, I asked my husband and his friend for suggestions, and totally agreed that the sun needed to be on the other side of the mountains (see first card above).


The card base is Basic Black (actually, it's Thick Whisper White, with a layer of black covering the entire face of the card).  I ran it through the Big Shot with the Simple Stripes embossing folder (if you look really carefully at the black next to the sentiment, you can just barely see the stripes).  This gave it a lot of texture.

The main panel was stamped using the Stamparatus (I'll have a video on this soon), which was extremely helpful, as I made multiples of this card).  The mountains are stamped in Basic Black; the "water" is Smoky Slate, stamped off once, and the moon and trees are full-strength Smoky Slate.  The panel is adhered to a skinny layer of Basic Black, then to a wider layer of Basic Gray, which is attached to the black base.  Oh, and there's a pretty ribbon - Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon - tied in a simple knot.


Here's a finished card, with a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

And here's the infinity shot:


And they're all packed up and ready to go!  I hope my demonstrator pals like them!


Product List

No comments: