Sunday, April 29, 2018

Inspiration Sunday - A Challenge Card

Each Sunday I like to share cards made from something that inspired me.  I call it Inspiration Sunday.    A photo, a collage, a color combination - something that gets my creative juices flowing.  I had a card prepared to show you today, but it got hijacked when my Stampin' Up! buddy, Gail, sent this challenge:

"Challenge card from Sheraton hotel room...Peekaboo Peach and Fresh Fig or Berry burst?  Anyone? Go!"  And she included this picture:


I was intrigued...I love a good challenge!  And this pretty ball against the black background (oh, and note those triangle shapes in the background) got me thinking.

But before I even made it to my craft room, Bonnie sent off this pic:


LOVE!  And she nailed the background!

So what to do?  I had already been working on another card, but put it away and began pulling out colors and supplies.  And came up with this:


Completely different take, but can you see where the idea originated?  Yes, that ball was my inspiration, and I made a background for my main image using the colors and varied-sized stripes.  

I started with a piece of Very Vanilla and covered it with a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (you NEED this product!).  Then I used my Stampin' Trimmer to slice off strips of Peekaboo Peach, Fresh Fig and Basic Black, varying the widths.


Once I had placed all my strips on the base, I trimmed it to size and mounted it on a Basic Black frame.  This was adhered to my Thick Very Vanilla card.

Beautiful You was my choice for the stamping - a set I haven't used much lately, but I thought would be a good image for this sophisticated background.  I stamped the figure on Very Vanilla using Tuxedo Black, and colored her with Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blends, both light and dark.  Her skin tone is Ivory.  I finished the panel by lightly sponging Peekaboo Peach in a "halo" effect around the figure.


This small panel, along with the sentiment are popped on Dimensionals for a little height.

So where do you get your inspiration?  Just look around and see what catches your eye.  Then get into your craft space and create!


Product List








No comments: