Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A Magical Birthday for Nate

My grandson, Nathan, is turning 5 this week, and we spent the weekend in San Diego celebrating with my daughter and her family.  Nate is a total Star Wars fan, and the party was so themed, but I don't have any Star Wars stamps.  However, I have the next best thing:  Magical Day!

Look:

This is such a sparkly card!  The old wizard is stamped, colored with Stampin' Blends and cut with the matching Magical Mates framelits, while the Lil Wizard is fussy cut from the wonderful Myths & Magic Designer Series Paper.

The figures are placed on a globe of Dazzling Diamonds-like paper from the Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper Pack.


The sentiment was stamped twice - once in Bermuda Bay and again in Rich Razzleberry - and cut with the banner framelit.

And inside:



But I had a vision of a matching gift bag, and the gift we bought was too big for my Gift Bag Punch Board.  So off to Target to get a large shopping bag, and I turned it into a castle:


I loved how this came out, and it was Nate's first choice to open at his party.


You'll notice the brick background--my Smoky Slate paper was run through the Big Shot with the Brick Wall embossing folder in three pieces, and pieced together.  A few of the figures (fighting knight, and the two larger princesses) were fussy cut from the designer papers, while all the other figures were stamped and colored.



I love to make gifts special, and this was truly a "Work of Heart"!

The Myths and Magic suite of products will be discontinued when the Occasions catalog ends, May 31st.  So if you love knights, sorcerers, mermaids and dragons, get yours now!

What do you do to make your gifts special?

Happy Birthday, Nate!



No comments: