Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A Bridal Shower!

My niece is getting married in May, and last week I attended a bridal shower for her.  She's a firefighter, and is not really into girly things, but I decided to ignore that and make her a pretty card:


I'm not always a fan of Calypso Coral, but it just seemed right for this card.  The patterned paper was a FREE Sale-a-Bration offering (sadly over now), Bubbles & Fizz, and it was my starting point.

The card base is Calypso Coral, 5-12" x 8-1/2", scored in the middle and folded in half.  There's a thin layer of Lemon Lime Twist, and then the Bubbles & Fizz DSP.


Using the Weather Together stamp set I stamped the umbrella right on the DSP, then cut it out using the coordinating Umbrella Weather Framelits.  The Beautiful Bouquet stamps made the flowers, and I cut them with the matching Bouquet Bunch Framelits.

The Layering Ovals were a perfect base for my bouquet; Lemon Lime Twist was cut with a scalloped oval, and Whisper White was cut with a plain oval.  This was also stamped with some of the leaves from Jar of Love, in Lemon Lime Twist ink.

The sentiment was stamped (Calypso Coral ink) and roughly cut to balance out the top of the card.


I added some of the DSP to the envelope flap - don't you love coordinating envelopes?

Wishing Abby and Ryan all the best, and now I'm looking forward to their wedding day.

Click on a product listed below and go straight to my online store.

Product List

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Priscilla, this is delightful. What a wonderful card!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Oh thank you, Jackie! As I mentioned, my niece is NOT at all "girly" but she loved the card anyway. I'm glad I went with the "pretty"!