Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day

A special shout out to all the dads in our lives.  Today is YOUR day!

My husband has been my best friend, partner and "god send" this year.  As many of you know, I had a minor knee surgery in March with subsequent complications, resulting in weeks of pain and immobility, a second surgery, hospital stay and a month of IV antibiotics.  And through it all, my "rock" was a champ.  He helped me get around the house, did all the cooking, laundry and shopping, and even learned how to administer my antibiotics!

So although he's not MY father, he IS the father to my kids, and he's also been someone without whom I couldn't have survived the past few months.  A special card is due:

This card combines the best of both of us.  My husband is a music lover and musician, and I am a "beach" person.  Other than the linen thread, this card uses all new items:  Sheet Music, So Many Shells, and Just Add Text.

The card base is Crumb Cake, 4-1/4" x 11".  The Sheet Music background stamp was inked with Crumb Cake and stamped on a piece of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" Crumb Cake, and I sponged the edges.  I also roughed up the edges with a retired distressing tool.  Then the Linen Thread was wrapped and tied in a bow; the layer was adhered to the card base.

The shells are two-step stamping.  Inks used are Crumb Cake and Soft Suede, Powder Pink and Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi and Old Olive, and Sahara Sand with Early Espresso.  The shells were fussy cut and adhered with Dimensionals.

The sentiment was stamped with Early Espresso and cut with the Stitched Shapes framelits.

After the past few months, I am truly HAPPY that my husband is in my life!  Happy Father's Day, Jim!

To purchase Stampin' UP! product, click on the photo below and you'll be taken to my online store.

Product List

No comments: