Thursday, June 15, 2017

Beautiful Bouquet

Although I can always appreciate a card that someone creates using a TON of cut out pieces, this is usually too much work for me.  So when I saw the new Beautiful Bouquet stamp set and matching Bouquet Bunch Framelits dies, I didn't spend too much time thinking about purchasing them because of all the little pieces.

Then I put together a large order and had lots of Stampin' Rewards money to spend.  Hmmm, back through the catalog, where I once again noticed the stamp set...and read the 12 (TWELVE) phrases, and got thinking about the wonderful bunch of stems for the flowers (this is the only set that has a "bouquet" of stems), and then that sample...I was hooked.  Ordered the bundle.

It was the first stamp set I reached for when my order arrived.  I stamped a number of the flowers, and then started cutting them out with the framelits.  Easy peasy!  And it really didn't take very long--I was able to use 4 of the framelits with each pass through the Big Shot; came together quickly.

And then I recreated the sample (using other colors):

L.O.V.E!

My Thick Whisper White card base was embossed with the new Polka Dot Basics embossing folder.  Using the Layering Squares framelits, I cut a Pool Party scalloped square and a Whisper White square.  The sentiment was stamped with Pool Party ink, and then I built my bouquet.  So pretty!


Unlike many other Stampin' UP! demonstrators, I am NOT a sucker for flower stamps.  I gravitate more towards shapes or stamps of "things" (like lighthouses, shells, butterflies, leaves, etc), but every now and then, a flower set will get me.  And in the new catalog, Beautiful Bouquet was the one!  I'm sure you'll be seeing more samples with this set, and if you are looking for some new flower stamps, check this set out--I think you'll L.O.V.E. it!

Just click on the photo below and you'll be whisked away to my on-line store!


Product List

2 comments:

bonniemon said...

Yup, yup! I totally Love the leaf sprig framelits in this set. And to be honest, I didn't even notice the wrapper paper part of the set until seeing your card!

Stampin' Amigos said...

I'm still finding more pieces that I hadn't originally noticed, Bonnie (like the little bow that is perfect for the wrapped bouquet!)--and someone pointed out that the tulip framelit (upside down) looks like a tooth. I feel a "tooth fairy" card coming on...