Saturday, June 17, 2017

Father's Day Wishes

I have two sons, one son-in-law, a dad and a husband, and I like to send Father's Day cards to all of them.  So since this is the weekend of that noteworthy day, let me show you a few of the cards I created for these special guys in my life.

First up:  "son cards".

 
I opted for the High Tide set, with it's beautiful lighthouse and wonderful sentiment.

I think Smoky Slate and Night of Navy make wonderful masculine cards, and that's the color combo chosen for these.  The card base is Smoky Slate, cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and folded in half.  Then there's a second layer of 4" x 5-1/4" Smoky Slate that was embossed with the new Pinewood Planks embossing folder. 

The lighthouse was stamped on Whisper White, using Smoky Slate and Night of Navy inks.  Sand was added (Sahara Sand), as was the water (Marina Mist and Pool Party), along with the grass (Old Olive).  I sponged the sky with Soft Sky, and added the "light" with Daffodil Delight.  

The lighthouse was cut using the Layering Ovals Framelit dies, and a second oval was cut from Night of Navy.  The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy ink, and also has a small layer of Navy.  Some retired silver cord finishes the outside of this card.

But inside:

I had to finish it with a coordinating scene.

Happy Father's Day, guys!  I'm so proud of these three dads!


Product List



No comments: