Thursday, August 10, 2023

Earthen Textures

I sometimes mention a stamp set or bundle that does not resonate with me...until...I see samples.  And then I'm hooked.

Earthen Textures, and the Earthen Textures dies, along with the Earthen Elegance Designer Series Paper was one such bundle.  I told myself "it's just pots with leaves", and I wasn't interested.  Until...those samples.  And then something spoke to me.  

So here's my first play:


 Yeah, just pots with leaves.  But what a gorgeous combination!  


First, that background paper.  So beautiful, in shades of Pretty Peacock and Pebbled Path, with "flecks" included!  

I stamped the pots with Pretty Peacock and Cajun Craze inks, then cut them with the dies.  Hard to see, but the smaller pot has an "XX" pattern in Pretty Peacock - one of the dies makes this pattern.  And the larger pot has a "top" of peacock.  

I mounted the pots on a piece of Vellum cardstock, cut with the Nesting Essentials dies.  One of the leaf patterns is stamped directly on the Vellum, while the other was stamped and cut with the dies.  I also tucked some Pebbled Path sprigs (cut with dies) into each pot.  


And I LOVE the font of the greeting!  Very different - stamped in Pebbled Path ink and I flagged one end to a banner.


This is truly an "out of my comfort zone" stamp set, but I'm rapidly falling in love!  There are surely more Earthen Texture cards to come!  


Product List

No comments: