Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Cheers to the Birthday Girl!

I promised you some birthday cards, so here is one I made for my daughter’s BIG birthday:




Aly loves bling.  So when I saw the champagne glass in Cheers to the Season in the upcoming September - December 2023 Mini Catalog I knew it would be perfect for a special birthday card (yes, it’s actually a holiday stamp set, and I will use it for the New Year, but this is what I love about Stampin’ UP! Stamps - they are versatile!).





I stamped the glass in Versamark ink, then heat-embossed it with Gold embossing powder.  There are no dies with this set, but it’s very easy to fussy-cut.  


I layered it onto a Stylish Shapes circle, stamped with “celebrate” from Circle Sayings (I only inked up part of the stamp as I didn’t want the entire circle).  


And then there’s that background!  Wow!  So shiny!




I cut strips of Gold Foil sheets and retired Gold Glimmer paper into strips, then cut them on the diagonal lengthwise.  This gave me angled strips that I could alternate for a sunburst background.  Layered on black it truly pops!





The greeting (from Go To Greetings) was also heat-embosssed, this time on Basic Black card stock.  


And it’s all finished with some Brushed Metallic Dots.  




Aly loved her card (I knew she would!).  and I proved to myself that I remembered how to make a fun background!  (A little pat on my back!) 



Cheers to the Season will be available for purchase starting September 6th with the go-live of the Mini Catalog.  

Need one?  Contact me for info on how you can get one for FREE. 


Product List

No comments: