Thursday, August 3, 2023

A Little Red Truck in Paradise

My grandson was recently granted a fabulous Hawaiian vacation from Make-a-Wish.  Nathan loves the water, and over the past 18 months, working with the incredible volunteers, it was decided that he would be a perfect candidate for a trip to Hawaii.  From the limo ride to the airport, to the special treatment on the plane (including sitting in the cockpit and receiving real metal wings from the pilot!), to the lei upon arrival and the beautiful hotel right on the beach, a swim with dolphins and a submarine ride...Nate and his family were treated SO special!  I think this picture says it all:


After hearing all about his adventures, my husband and I wanted to send a thank you (and donation) to Make-a-Wish.  And of course I needed a special card to send it in:


The Trucking Along bundle is available through the On-Line Exclusives, although the punch is back-ordered right now (the stamp set, which can be used independent of the punch is available).  I love the palm tree and surfboard stamp for the bed of the truck, and since Nate was in Hawaii, I thought it would make the perfect thank you card.


The truck is actually a two-step stamp - one stamp makes the outline, and another adds the color (there is another for the tires).  So you get the cute detailing on the truck, and it's easy to line the stamps up.  There's even a stamp for the "dirt" or "road" under the tires.  I punched out the truck and popped it up with Dimensionals.


I used blending brushes for the background - I cut a stencil using the Basic Borders dies for the clouds, and then just blended a few colors of blue for the ocean, finishing with Crumb Cake for the sand.

The palm trees are from the retired Paradise Palms set, cut with the Palms dies - a set I'll keep for a long time, because I love it!


If you need to get rid of some cash, or if you would like to help a wonderful organization, please consider making a donation to Make-a-Wish (San Diego chapter).  They help SO many families during difficult times, and the smiles on the kids' faces is reward enough!

And pick up Trucking Along...it's SO fun!


Product List

No comments: