Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Pretty Notebooks

 I enjoy decorating notebooks and memo pads to send as customer thank you gifts after a purchase.  I recently made two:


Aren't they cute?  And here is the inside:


I happened to have the mini pens, one blue and one a copper color, and chose the cardstock colors to match - Azure Afternoon and Copper Clay, with Fresh as a Daisy Designer Series Paper for one and the Stargazing DSP with Tahitian Tide for the other.  

These are easy to make - just measure the length and width of your pad, and include how thick it is.  Then cut your cardstock slightly longer than the length measurement, and twice as wide - be sure to add in the thickness of your pad (times two) to score in the center of your cardstock.  

Before adhering the pad to the inside, add a little piece of looped cardstock or ribbon to hold your pen/pencil, then glue the pad on top of it.  


This pad got a Copper Clay cover, with a layer of Azure Afternoon.  Then I cut a piece of the Fresh as a Daisy DSP for the top layer and added a little label.  Easy!


For this pad I used the Stargazing DSP along with Tahitian Tide cardstock.  As this DSP didn't have flowers on any of the pages, I cut some daisies with the Cheerful Daisies dies, adding a spot of color with a Sponge Dauber to the centers.  

Of course, since these were gifts, I had to wrap them:


I always have a stash of pretty packaging on hand, and found these two now-retired gift bags.  So I just dressed them up with matching tags:




I used a slightly-less-than 2" piece of cardstock and punched the top with a now-retired tag topper punch.  Adding a piece of coordinating DSP and a tag was all that was needed to dress up these pretty bags.  

A simple and sweet gift that can be made quickly, but packs a punch when gifted to a lucky recipient!  

Product List

No comments: