Thursday, August 17, 2023

Sneak Peek - Rustic Crate

The upcoming September - December 2023 Mini Catalog has some gorgeous fall-themed stamps and dies.  I'm a sucker for a pretty pumpkin!  Does that sound crazy?  I don't know what it is, but I love a nice, round pumpkin.

So when I saw Rustic Crate (I also swoon over crates/boxes) I knew it would make its way into my craft room, and quite possibly into my heart.  This set features clusters of plants - greens, flowers and vegetables, that sit in a crate.  The crate can either be stamped or cut with dies.  AND you can make a flat crate or a little 3-D crate.  Be still my heart!

My daughter-in-law just had a birthday, and my son told me that now that the four kids will all be in school (no more kids at home!) Sarah is cultivating her house plants.  I knew then what to get her for her birthday...and what card I would make:


 I love this crate of vegetables and sunflowers!  


Stamped in Tuxedo Black and colored with Stampin' Blends, I then cut out the image with the coordinating Rustic Crate dies.  The crate die also has the embossing built in, so you get the wood-grain look when you cut it out.  

I mounted the die-cuts onto a circle of Vellum, cut with the Deckled Circles (new!) and layered it over a second, larger circle of Distressed Gold.  


The greeting from Go To Greetings was heat embossed in Gold, atop a piece of the Earthen Elegance DSP.  


One more layer of gold, and then an Early Espresso card base.  Just beautiful and elegant!

Then I had fun designing a box for Sarah's gift.  I found little Pot Stickers at my local garden shop - luminescent glow-in-the-dark balls on a plant stake, surrounded by a sun, moon or a star, and perfect for sticking in your houseplant for a little "glow-y" bling.  

After measuring the length and depth of the group of them, I was able to create a box:


Early Espresso for the box bottom and Pretty Peacock for the lid.  And of course it needed to match the card:


This time I cut two pieces of the crate die, folding the bottom piece and adhering the top to make an actual "box" - it allowed me to insert a few of the die-cuts and pops up slightly.  Really cute!


I added a piece Pretty Peacock as a layer, embossed with one of the Basics Embossing Folders (from the OnLine Exclusives).  


I was so pleased with the way this came out!  A perfect present for a perfect daughter-in-law!  

The Rustic Crate bundle will be available for purchase when the new Mini Catalog is live, September 6th.

  

Product List

No comments: