Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Merry Monday, a Day Late

I have a cute card for you today, using stamps from the October Paper Pumpkin.  I sat down the other night to complete my box, and an idea popped into my head.  

First let me refresh your memory of the kit's cards:


 I rarely stray from the instructions in these kits, and this one was not an exception.  The cards are adorable:




Gah!  That little Santa face!  I'm going to enjoy sending them out to my friends and family in a few weeks.  

But...I got thinking about the stamps (every Paper Pumpkin box comes with an exclusive stamp set) and had an idea:


Kinda fun thinking outside the "box"!  


I have these great embossing folders, Charming Landscapes.  They come together, one with mountains and one with a village.  I used both, on Basic White cardstock.


After running the first piece with the mountains, I carefully masked off the mountains and used a Blending Brush with Starry Sky ink for the sky.  Of course this also covered the stars and snowflakes, so I added Wink of Stella to the stars and some White Pearlized Enamel Effects to the snowflakes just so they stand out a little more.

Then I made the village - first embossing it on Basic White cardstock, then fussy-cutting around the houses and trees.  This was popped up on Dimensionals.


I used a few more of the stamps for the inside. 


Just one alternative card from the October Paper Pumpkin.  I have a few more ideas for that fun Santa - I'll have to get busy!


Are you a Paper Pumpkin subscriber?  Now is a great time to consider it!  Subscribers get a fun box of goodies each month, containing everything you need to create cards, treat bags, or home decor items.  You can drop your subscription at any time, without penalty, or you can look forward to having a box of creativity delivered right to your door each month.  

Be sure to sign up by November 10th in order to receive the November box, full of supplies to make some sparkly gift tags, right in time for Christmas!  Click here for more info and to sign up.


Product List

No comments: