Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Small Things

 Sometimes good things come in small packages.  When I found some little notepads at the Dollar Tree, I knew I could make them pretty:


These pads came 4 to a package, but they were completely plain - probably would have been fine for a guy to keep in his car to note gas mileage, but I like my notepads to be a bit prettier.  What do you think?  


I started with a piece of Night of Navy that was just wider than the pad:


Measurements for these are all based on the size of the pad, but you just need to make them slightly wider and about twice as long with an extra 1/2" - 1" more.  You score it twice near the bottom of the pad so it can fold up and the short 1/2" or so folds down over the top.  

Then, using a circle die that is just about the same size (or a little larger) than the width of the pad, cut a piece of the same cardstock, then cut the circle in half.  This attaches to the little flap on the top.

I used a small magnet to hold it closed, adding one with a Mini Glue Dot to the top flap, and the other under the pretty paper on the front.  


Then it's time to decorate, using some patterned paper (I used Hues of Happiness here) for the front and the flap (cut a second circle, slightly smaller for the flap).  I also added a label with a greeting from Go To Greetings, and a lovely stamped and colored flower from the Happiness Abounds stamp set.  


Once done, these can be wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied up with a ribbon, making a pretty present.


I love gifting these to my customers and neighbors.  

Take a look in your local store for little items to decorate; your friends will be amazed!  


Product List

No comments: