Tuesday, November 8, 2022

A Floret Holiday Card

 Back for a second day of a Week of Fitting Florets, and today we'll feature the Framed and Festive stamp set.  This exclusive set is available only while supplies last, and the fonts are SO delicious!  


A vision in red and green with lots of holiday flowers!


This card actually came about because I had that Garden Green card base with the Basic White die-cut (from the Candy Canes dies) sitting on my desk.  I also had the Real Red layer, embossed with the Merry Melody embossing folder...so naturally a holiday card was in the making!  

I cut a green frame with one of the Framed Florets dies, then used a piece of Vellum for the stamping.


I stamped it twice; using the Stamparatus allowed me to stamp once in Garden Green and again in Versamark right on top.  Then I heat-embossed the greeting with Clear Embossing Powder.  


All the flowers are from Merriest Moments - they are easy to layer!


SO many products - coming together for a beautiful card!  

And I've got more...see you tomorrow!


Product List

2 comments:

Cartes Mamilou (Louise Cyr) said...

This is so beautiful. Great tip/instructions to do the stamping on vellum and then to heat emboss!!! I am trying this out today.

Priscilla said...

Thanks very much, Louise! Just a caution about stamping and heat-embossing on Vellum. The Vellum can burn (turn brown) if you hold the heat tool too close, and it also warps when heated. So, on my card, I backed the Vellum with white cardstock, adhering it well around the edges so the Vellum lies flat. Also, I heat from the bottom of the Vellum, and then end with a quick heat to the front - helps a little with the warping.
It's a beautiful effect, and it's quite easy, but you do need to take a little care with the Vellum. Have fun!