Monday, November 14, 2022

A Special Framed Florets Card

When I first saw the Fitting Florets Collection I knew that someone, somewhere would love using it for a wedding card.  I just didn't realize it would be me!  😁

Yes, I had a wedding to go to, and this ended up being the perfect collection for a special card.  My niece, Schuyler married Jeremiah on Saturday.  It was a gorgeous wedding...and I think my card was perfect:


 Done in Gold and Very Vanilla, it has an elegant feel.  The greeting is from Forever Fern, and is heat-embossed in Gold.


The flowers from Framed Florets were stamped in Versamark and heat-embossed in gold.  Then I did a watercolor wash of Blushing Bride and Soft Succulent to give the images some subtle color.  They came out SO pretty!


Layers, layers, layers!  From the bottom:  Thick Very Vanilla, cut to 5" x 10" and folded in half.  Then a layer of Distressed Gold Specialty Paper (gorgeous!!!).  A layer of Very Vanilla and another layer of gold, followed by a top layer of Very Vanilla, embossed with the Timeworn Type embossing folder.  I got a little tricky - the two top layers (gold and vanilla) have an oval cut in them; the greeting is actually stamped on the middle layer of Vanilla with the next two layers lifted with Dimensionals.  

A Distressed Gold frame (cut with the Framed Florets dies) surrounds the sentiment.  WHEW!


And of course I needed the inside to be as elegant as the outside!  A gold-embossed "congratulations" embellished with a gold flower (Chic dies).  


Wishing Sky and Jeremiah a wonderful life together, full of love and laughter, forever after!


Product List

No comments: