Wednesday, November 16, 2022

A Pop-Up Birthday!

 What kind of card can impress a 10-year old?  How about a pop-up card?

My grandson just turned 10 and I wanted something that would be fun and surprising:


How's that for a surprise?  And fun?  You bet!

It starts like this:


The Celebrate with Tags Bundle, on page 67 of the July - December 2022 Mini Catalog is an oft-overlooked bundle. While it has a definite holiday theme (mittens and several greetings for Christmas) there is a hidden gem in this set:  balloons, a fun greeting and dies with candles!  Perfect for a birthday!


I stamped and cut the balloons in bright colors and layered them on some cheery In Color paper (Tahitian Tide).  The letters were cut with the now-retired Playful Alphabet dies using more In Color paper (Starry Sky) mounted on Foam Adhesive Sheets for some added dimension.  

Then open the card and...:


POP!  A birthday cake with 10 candles in more bright and cheery colors!  


I'm pretty sure Jake is going to love his card!


Product List

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!! I hope you do a video on on how to do the pop up in the middle!! My grandchildren would love this also!! Amazing!!!

Priscilla said...

Thanks so much for this suggestion! I would be happy to make a video. I'm traveling until month-end, but look for it in December!

Emma said...

Hi i would love to know the sizes
and cut sizes please

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma, I’m traveling for Thanksgiving but will be home next week and will be happy to get this to you. I’ve been asked for a video so watch for it on early December.

Anonymous said...

Love this!! I too would love the cutting measurements for the pop up cake. I checked your blog and didn’t see a video. Did I miss it?

Anonymous said...

Found the pop up presents video. Thank you!!

Priscilla said...

Glad you found the video; have fun creating this unique card!