Monday, May 23, 2022

Re-creating

Have you ever created a project and then lost the directions?  Well, that was what happened to me this weekend.

You see, last month for my Cards-by-Mail class, I created a card that one of my customers loved.  She contacted me to ask for measurements so she could recreate it at home.  "Of course", I replied, "I would be happy to send them"  

And then I couldn't find my measurements!  😮

I decided the best thing would be to re-create the card (fortunately, I had one in my box of cards) so I quickly made some measurements.  But of course, I wanted to be sure I had them right, so I thought I would make up a new one, just to be sure!  (And sure enough, I had to tweak them slightly!)

So here is a new card, using new products, with a March template:


 This is a pocket card.  The pocket, which does not open, holds a pull-out card for your greeting/thoughts/signature.

And since I hadn't used the Sun Prints designer paper lately, I chose two patterns from the pack in Gray Granite.  This is such an elegant collection of printed papers!


I stamped an image from Color & Contour and colored it with Stampin' Blends. The greeting is from Go To Greetings, stamped in Tuxedo Black.  


And look at those black, embossed sprigs above the square - those come from the neatest new product,  Twigs & Sprigs.  It's an embossing folder that has a coordinating die; once you emboss all the twigs and sprigs on your cardstock, you line up the die and cut out 10 sprigs!  So cool!


And that's how you make a Pocket card!  Why not give it a go?

Since I worked on this template for my customer, I thought I would share it with you.  In case you would like to try this on your own, here is a little diagram/card pattern:


It's not really difficult, as long as you have a good paper trimmer and can follow the measurements.  

Starting with a piece of 5-1/2" x 11" cardstock, score it at 3-1/2" and 7-3/4" along the 11" side.  Then measure up 3-1/2" from the bottom and make a tick mark (you will do this on both sides).  Place the paper in your trimmer so that the score line and the tick mark line up, and slice off the little triangle along the top two corners.  

You need two coordinating pieces of patterned paper.  One will be 3-1/4" x 5-1/4" and the other will be 2" x 5-1/4".  On the larger one, measure up from the bottom left corner 3-3/8" and make your tick mark - cut from the top right corner to your tick mark.  For the smaller piece, measure up from the bottom right corner to 4"; make your tick mark and cut from the top left corner to the tick mark.  This will give you the papers for the front of your card.  

Once the paper is applied, fold on the score lines to create a pocket.  The side with the smaller piece of patterned paper is under the other piece; place Tear & Tape adhesive along the bottom of the small side and close it.  Then place Tear & Tape along the side and bottom of the larger flap, and close to seal.  Now you have a pocket.

I hope you'll give it a try!  


Product List

No comments: