Saturday, May 7, 2022

A (Somewhat) Retired Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my stamping friends.  I hope you are spending your day relaxing with family or friends (and that THEY are making the dinner!  And cleaning up! 😁).

I found out yesterday that I was invited to my son's home for Mother's Day dinner.  AND that there would be a total of 4 moms present!  So I needed to get busy.  But rummaging through all my "stash" I decided to use up some of the retired products I've been hoarding saving.  So here are a few cards, with some "vintage" goodies.


Here's a 4-way split angled card - that's a mouthful for a relatively simple card!  I took a piece of (retired) patterned paper, cut it to 3-3/4" x 5" and sliced it from near the top left corner to near the bottom right corner.  Then, holding it together, I cut again in the opposite direction, creating 4 pieces.  


The pieces were adhered to a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic Black, leaving narrow spaces between each one.  And check out that poppy!  I used some retired Brusho sprinkles on watercolor paper, then cut it with the Poppy Moments dies.  



Can you see the sparkle?  I painted on the Wink of Stella for a little added pizzazz!


One down...

Next - mixing some new and old:


The Color & Contour stamp set is lovely.  I stamped the main image in Tuxedo Black, and colored it with Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends.  Then it was cut with the Scalloped Contours dies, as was the Balmy Blue scalloped layer, and all mounted to a piece of retired You're a Peach patterned paper.  


I still have a few of the Waves Rhinestones, so used a few on this card.


The Color & Contour stamps and Scalloped Contours dies have carried over to the new 2022-23 Annual Catalog - yippee!

And finally, another current stamp set with some old products:


Who remembers the little jar domes to go with Jar of Flowers?  I have a few left, so this card got the royal treatment!  


The flower bouquet was stamped in Tuxedo Black and colored with Blends.  Then I fussy cut it so I could pop it up over the vase on Dimensionals.  The patterned paper, ribbon and greeting are all retired, but Soft Succulent, a 2021-23 In Color, is still available.


And there you have it!  Three Mother's Day cards (and a slightly emptier craft room!) and I'm ready for a special dinner.

Enjoy your day!  


Product List

No comments: