Wednesday, May 18, 2022

This or That?

 Time to play a little game of "Which do you like better?  This or That?"  

I've been playing with the new Potted Geraniums stamps and Geraniums dies, and came up with two cards.  One uses the stamps with the dies, and one uses the dies alone.  So now I want to know, which is your favorite?


Let's look at each one.


This was my first attempt.  I stamped the images using Cajun Craze for the flower pot, and two-stepped the leaves and flowers (Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive for the leaves, and Blushing Bride with Sweet Sorbet for the flowers).  These were all cut with the coordinating dies.


I love that little sign in the plant!

And check out that fabulous lattice background!  The Split Card Textures dies (there are two - a lattice and a floral) create these textures that look like another layer on your card.  LOVE!  

And do you see that cut-out greeting?  The Charming Sentiments stamps and dies are going to be a favorite!  With 17 greeting stamps and matching dies, this will be a set I reach for again and again!


This card got a little (retired) bumblebee to embellish the white space.  I love the way this came out.

But then I got looking at the dies and decided to try another version:


You can make the geraniums using only dies!  How fun!  This time I used the same colors as in the first sample, but cut everything with cardstock.  There's even a "dirt" stamp and die!  


And since I decided to try a larger greeting, I flipped the lattice so there was more "white space" on the top of the card.  This is another of the stamps/dies from the Charming Sentiments set.  


And I finished off the card with a few little Brushed Brass Butterflies...a favorite embellishment.


So which is your favorite?  This or That?  


Product List

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine too! Thanks for “playing”.

Anonymous said...

I love the flowers stamped but I think I would try just die cutting the pot and dirt instead of stamping them.

Priscilla said...

I expect that I will be using the dies for the flower pot when I'm in a hurry, and when I want the "texture" on the pot, I'll use the stamps. Such a great set with lots of versatility!

Diane Napolitano said...

This. I haven't ordered the bundle yet, but it's on my "wish list".

Priscilla said...

Hi Diane, this is a great bundle, so I hope you get to fulfill your "wish list". Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Love them both, but I think I like “this” better than “that”….although I love the vibrant color of the die cut flowers

Priscilla said...

I have to agree on the “vibrant color”, although I love the detail and texture of the stamped images. Thanks for playing along!