Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Celebrating In Color: Paper Pumpkin May 2022


OK, ain't gonna lie.  When I first saw this Paper Pumpkin I fell in love with the card bases!  I love the new In Colors, and the graphic designs and gold foil details made me swoon.  But...I felt the cards were rather plain with their die cuts and banners.  

Normally I make my Paper Pumpkin kits as they were intended.  I rarely get very creative with them, and I'm usually very happy with the results.  But I knew I could do more with this kit.  So today I have a bunch of card alternatives for you.  

Let's start easy - I pretty much followed the instructions on these:


The only changes I made to these Sweet Sorbet cards were in heat embossing the greetings and adding extra embellishments.  


Same for these Orchid Oasis cards.  I used the same color cardstock with gold-embossed sentiments, but this time I added an additional circle cut with the Stylish Shapes dies.  Oh, and gold pearls.


Then I got a little fancier.  For the Starry Sky card on the right, I used the die-cut from the kit but mounted it on a gold foil circle (Stylish Shapes).  And for the seashells card (Friends are Like Seashells) I heat-embossed the greeting and the shells with gold and then gave them a watercolor wash and cut them out.  I just felt the background reminded me of the sea.  

And then I got even fancier:


Ok, I'm loving the Parakeet Party cards!  The strips were placed as directed in the instructions, but I embellished with candles (Sentiment Silhouette dies) and the Parakeet Party Metallic Ribbon.  For the one on the right, I used some die-cuts from the Hues of Happiness designer paper (this is going to be an anniversary card for my brother).  

And finally - Tahitian Tide:


Wait!  What?  Two really different cards.  The one on the left used one of the die-cuts from the kit, and I heat embossed "birthday" from Biggest Wish with gold embossing powder.  Some Gold Glitter Dots finished it off.  

But this one:


Yeah, that's my fav!  The Tahitian Tide banner just reminded me of tropical seas, so I whipped out Paradise Palms and the Horizon dies to complete this card.  So cute!  

So that's it:


A beautiful selection of In Color cards all from one kit!  What have you done with yours?

Are you a subscriber?  The June kit looks great:


And now is the perfect time to subscribe so you don't miss another month!  Click here for more info and to sign up.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are Amazing 😉!! Luv v, Luv, Luv them. Inspiring me to get creative with my PP!! Thnx for sharing!! 😻

Anonymous said...

Anonymous = Nydet’s Notables (sorry)

Priscilla said...

I’m so glad I was able to inspire you to complete your kit. This was one of my favorite kits ever and I love the cards I was able to create with it. Have fun, and thanks for the comment!