Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Sending Smiles Two Ways

While waiting for my order to arrive (with lots of new goodies from the 2022-23 Annual Catalog) I've had to satisfy myself with a few things I received in my pre-order (Demonstrators are able to order a select group of products one month early!).  And one of my two favorite things is the Sending Smiles stamps and Sending dies.

I decided to try my hand at #simplestamping.  This is where you only use stamps, ink and paper.  Not easy for many of us crafters, who enjoy throwing die-cuts, jewels, ribbons and the kitchen sink on cards.  😁  But I thought I would give it a try, and honestly, I'm delighted with my effort:


Super simple!  I stamped flowers, added the greeting and mounted the layer on some Tahitian Tide cardstock and then on to the Thick Basic White card base.  And I'm using a few of my favorite new In Colors - Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party and Tahitian Tide.  So bright and cheery.


This card is perfect for a new stamper; it uses minimal supplies and requires little practice to get the flowers positioned just right.

But I must say, I really do prefer a card with a little more pizzazz, so:


How about this?  My favorite new color, Parakeet Party for a base, with a layer of the In Color designer series paper.  Then a beautiful frame (Fabulous Frames dies), and a bouquet.  


I stamped the flowers in Gorgeous Grape and Fresh Freesia, with Parakeet Party leaves, and cut them with the dies.  


And don't you love the greeting?  I die cut two pieces - one detailed word in Parakeet Party, and one "word outline" in Gorgeous Grape.  The cute phrase was stamped on Basic White and cut with one of the included dies.


Two cards using the same set, with two very different looks!  I love the versatility of our stamps, don't you?

The 2022-23 Annual Catalog is now available; enjoy shopping!  


Product List

No comments: