Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Vintage?

 Have you seen the Layering Designs Vellum on page 33 of the January - June Mini Catalog?  It's easy to miss, but something to take note of.  With 12 sheets (4 each of 3 designs) of 12" x 12" vellum, printed in black or white with maps, words and script handwriting, you can add interest and texture to your creations.  

I got this pack of Vellum and set it aside, but something made me pull it out while I was playing with my Daffodil Daydream stamps.  And this happened:


Vintage?  Well, about as vintage as I get 😁

But I really liked what I was creating.  So let's break it down, and maybe you can tell me what I'm missing.


I started with the stamps.  After coloring the flowers with Stampin' Blends, I cut them with the coordinating Daffodil dies.  I also cut a few of the extra leaves with Granny Apple Green cardstock.

But can you see that torn paper that looks like newsprint?  That's the vellum...I tore the edges and layered it over a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, heavily sponged with Crumb Cake ink over the torn edges.  


Everything is adhered to a Crumb Cake base, speckled with a stamp from Oceanfront.  Then, before adding the flowers, I placed some Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim across the page.  And don't forget the Brushed Brass Butterflies!


So be honest...did I achieve a vintage look?  Or is something missing?  I can't quite tell...can't wait to see what you tell me!  


Product List

No comments: