Thursday, March 3, 2022

Love of Leaves

Do you ever get something stuck in your head and you just can't sleep because you keep thinking about it?  I can't stop thinking about the Love of Leaves and the Stitched Leaves dies.  Don't know why, but I think I was skimming through my dies, and one of the big dies in this set caught my eye.  And I've been thinking about it for days.  So...


 Tonight I sat down and made a card using this set.  It started out as a "white on white" card with the stitching along the left side.  That is the die I kept thinking about.  It adds so much texture to a card with just one pass through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine.  


Then the leaves - as I'm dreaming about Spring, I went with greens.  I chose the largest leaf and used a Blending Brush to ink it in Granny Apple Green, with some Garden Green to give it more depth.  The stitches on the leaves are part of the die set, which adds the stitches AND cuts out the leaves.  Nice!  

 
I wasn't sure how I wanted to arrange the leaves on the card front, but I remembered a card I saw with a circle that had the Vellum Layering Designs paper over it...so I copied.  😁.   It was a card by Sandy McCullough, and you can see her card here.  


I love how this came out, and I think I'll be able to sleep now that I have finally made a card with Love of Leaves and the Stitched Leaves dies!  But what will I start thinking about next?  


Product List

No comments: