Monday, March 7, 2022

A Rainbow in Green

This post could come under the heading of "What's on the Desk", as it started with some leftover pieces that were sitting on my desk.  I had been making a rainbow card for my sister's birthday, and stamped four different rainbows.  So after completing her card, (I'll post it later this week), I still had some orphaned rainbows.  And I couldn't let them go to waste!  

One of them was done in greens, and with the upcoming St. Patrick's Day holiday looming, I went with it:


The rainbow and the clouds were leftovers, so I had to decide what to do with them.  And then the "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" came to mind.  So...


Cute?  Yes!  I used some retired Black Foil with the Seasonal Labels dies, but I had to cut it twice, moving the die to the left and lining it back up with the die-cut image in order to shorten it a bit.  And then I needed some gold -- Gold Foil with a 1/2" punch did the trick!  

But what to do with the rainbow?  I needed some kind of background.

Blending Brushes to the rescue!


I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 5-1/4" x 4", and used one of the Basic Borders dies to create the "top" of the sky - doesn't it look like fluffy clouds?  Then, with a punched cloud stencil (Cloud Punch) I used a Blending Brush with Balmy Blue to make clouds, moving the stencil around until I got the desired effect.  Some Just Jade ink and my Blending Brush added color to the bottom half of the page, making it look like a hillside.


But I wanted some grass - The Palms dies gave me the perfect look!  


All I had left was to adhere the fussy-cut rainbow (on Dimensionals) and add in the clouds, and my little card is fit for a leprechaun!  

So tell me...do you send cards for St. Patrick's Day?  



Product List

No comments: