Friday, March 18, 2022

Paper Horizons

I still can't get enough of the New Horizons paper and the Horizons dies.  Somehow these products almost create cards for me!  

I saw a really pretty (and very simple) card on the Stampin' UP! demonstrator Facebook page by Jessie Holton.  She cut pieces of cardstock with the Horizons dies to create a pretty scene.  I was quite smitten and wanted to try it.  But I decided to use the New Horizons patterned paper instead of cardstock, in order to give the die cuts a more realistic feel.  So:


Now I can't stop looking at this card!  It makes me feel peaceful (and we all need a little of that right now).  

I used 4 pieces of the New Horizons paper to cut the mountains, hills, trees and water, as well as the grass in front of the fence.  I used a wood-grain paper for the fence.  


Before adding the die cuts to the card, I first stamped the greeting and then ran the layer through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine with the Tasteful Textures embossing folder.  This made the paper look like a canvas.


Then I just added each element with some Liquid Glue, finishing with a few of the Pebbles Enamel Shapes.  


I can almost picture myself sitting next to that lake in the mountains, can't you?


Product List

No comments: