Thursday, July 15, 2021

Plentiful Plants

What do you do when you make a mistake with cardstock cutting or scoring? 

I had a piece of Soft Succulent paper sitting on my desk.  It measured 6-3/4" x 4" and was scored at 5-1/4" (I had tried a fun-fold card, and cut/scored my paper the wrong way).   I hate to let anything go to waste, so I decided to try to figure out how to use it on a card.  Here's my answer:


At first I was thinking I would use the flap at the top to open my card, but as I got working with the patterned paper, I realized that wouldn't work.  


So I added two coordinating pieces of the Bloom Where You're Planted designer paper and then used a few Dimensionals to close the flap.  


The images were stamped and cut with the Perfect Plants dies, and added to the card.   I used some Linen Thread to "suspend" the hanging plant.  The I mounted it all to a piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock, cut 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2" to create the actual card.  I finished with a greeting, stamped directly on the card, and some Sequins for Everything scattered on the front.


I'm so glad I kept that "mistake" piece of cardstock!  You never know what you can do with your leftovers unless you try working with them...and I love how this came out!  


 


Like patterned paper?  Well now is a great time to stock up!  So many our our designer papers are on sale at 15% savings!   Why not take advantage of this sale (only until August 2!) and get your fill of these great papers!






Product List

No comments: