Sunday, July 25, 2021

Fancy Birthday

The other day I showed you a card with a background made by adding 91% Alcohol to some scribbles of Stampin' Blends on Vellum (see it here).  Well, when I was playing with that technique I made a few other pieces.  So here's another card using that same technique:


Yeah, it's a stunner!  

For this background I took Melon Mambo dark blends, Magenta Madness light and dark, and Pumpkin Pie dark blends and scribbled on my Vellum.  Then I spritzed with the alcohol and watched the magic happen.  



Once the vellum was dry, I spread a tiny line of Multipurpose Liquid Glue in spots on the paper, and then smashed it into my Gilded Leafing flakes.  As I sponged away the flakes, the glue spread a little, and left me with rivers of gold on the paper.   So pretty!

And with all that gold, the greeting was heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder for a shiny look.




I inked up the smaller rose and the leaves in the Artistically Inked set and stamped two, cutting them out with the Artistic dies.  I also cut one of the leaf stems using Gold Foil.  



In keeping with the gold theme, I mounted the main panel on a piece of Gold Foil, cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies, and adhered it all to some Polished Pink on a Thick Basic White base.  

Have you tried the Stampin' Blends with Alcohol on Vellum technique yet?  Why not give it a try?

And if making your own backgrounds sounds like too much work, how about picking up some great Designer Series Papers at 15% off?  




This sale is going on now, but it's almost over!  Don't miss out...get your paper by August 2!


Product List

No comments: