Sunday, July 18, 2021

Handmade Background

 I've been experimenting with the Alcohol Ink technique that's been all over the internet lately.  It's where you scribble on Vellum with your Alcohol Ink Markers (Stampin' Blends) and then spray or dab on rubbing alcohol to allow the colors to run and blend.  Take a look at this background:


I took Bermuda Bay, light and dark blends, Night of Navy, light and dark blends, and Granny Apple Green, light and dark blends, and scribbled on my Vellum cardstock.  Then I took my Water Painter (empty) and dipped it into 91% Rubbing Alcohol, and dabbed at the scribbles, starting with the lightest shades.  I kept dabbing until the colors began to run together, creating this gorgeous piece of paper.


Once dry, I adhered it to a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and the lovely colors seemed to "blend" even more.


I felt it was a perfect backdrop for showing off the Sea Life dies (what do you think about that seahorse?  It's one of my new favorite dies!)  

The card base is Bermuda Bay; I adhered the blended background to the base, then popped up a frame of Pearlescent Paper cut with the Stitched Rectangles.  


I cut the sea horse from a piece of the Rainbow Glimmer Paper.  Then I cut the coral and the shells from Pearlescent Paper (the shells were stamped on the paper with Bermuda Bay ink and cut with the Seaside Seashells dies).   And finished with a few Opal Rounds.  


There are so many things to love about this card!  

If you'd like to see a video on this technique, check out Rachel Tessman's tutorial here.  Have fun!


Product List

2 comments:

Geann Kollar said...

WOW, your card is stunning!! So beautiful

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks so much, Geann! I knew I had to make something impressive after creating the beautiful background. Glad you like it.