Thursday, December 17, 2020

Got Patterned Paper?

 Do you ever need a quick gift-wrapping option?  I needed one the other day and although I had a ton of wrapping paper, I really needed a gift bag.  What to do?  Aha!  Patterned paper to the rescue!


Using two 12" x 12" sheets of Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper made just what I needed!  I scored each sheet at 3" on 3 edges (two sides and the bottom), snipped the corners and nestled the sheets together.  Before adhering them together, I scored the top of each sheet at 2".  This allowed me to tuck the top flaps to the inside.


Now I needed this bag to be a little stronger than the patterned paper would allow, so I repeated the scoring on two pieces of 12" x 10" cardstock.   I put these together first, then added the patterned paper over the top, tucking the flaps on top to the inside.  This made it really sturdy!


To attache the ribbon handles I used some strong Tear 'n Tape adhesive on the outside of the bag on either side.  Then I stuck the ribbon to the tape.  Finally a strip of Copper Foil (1-1/2" wide) was wrapped around the top of the bag (I used two strips to make it all the way around), adhering it with more Tear 'n Tape.  



The retired Merry Christmas dies were perfect for the greeting, cut in Pretty Peacock with a strip of Adhesive Sheets on the back.  The Joy dies (on sale now at 30% discount) would be a wonderful substitute!

This came out so pretty I decided to make a second one - these are for some "neighbor gifts":


I can't wait to deliver them!  Wouldn't you like to get a gift in a pretty bag?  



The Brightly Gleaming paper is currently on sale at 50% savings!  At just $7.50 a package, why wouldn't you make some pretty bags?   Check out this great sale before it's too late!


No comments: