Friday, December 4, 2020

Christmas Night

 I almost never (and I mean NEVER) stamp a card using only stamps, ink and paper.  And technically (more on that in a minute), I didn't do it for this card either 😁   But this is about as close as I get to #SimpleStamping:


But I LOVE it!  😍

And I got to use a new product, coming in January in the upcoming Mini Catalog - Blending Brushes.  That's how I got that beautiful background!


I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I punched a "moon" from a piece of sticky note and placed it in the "sky".  And I had a piece of cardstock that I had previously cut using the Curvy dies, so I grabbed it to use as a mask.  See that snow on the ground?  That's where I put my mask.  Then I got busy.


These are the new Blending Brushes.  They come 3 to a pack (probably all you'll ever need).  And they are super soft pompoms of hundreds of tiny bristles:


And SUPER soft!  Makes me think I should be using these to put on my makeup!  But I digress..

Anyway I laid my "snow" mask on the bottom of my cardstock and took my Blending Brush, rubbed it in Highland Heather ink and started to rub it just above the mask.  I added a little more ink until I got a nice "haze" of ink, then I started in with another color - Misty Moonlight.  I didn't clean my brush in between, just brushed it on a piece of scrap paper until I didn't see any more ink.  And blended some more.  

I repeated the process with one more color along the top part of the cardstock, using Night of Navy ink.  

Once I was happy with the colors of my "sky" I used some Frost White Shimmer Paint in a Spritzer with a little rubbing alcohol and gave the cardstock a good spritz:


Can you see the shimmer?  Hard to capture with a camera, but it's definitely there.  

Then I removed the mask and the post-it circle:


And I had my background.  The trees (from Snow Front and Merry Moose) were stamped in Tuxedo Black, as was the greeting from Itty Bitty Christmas.


I added a few of the Adhesive Backed Snowflakes (and THAT'S why this card would not qualify as #Simplestamping) and mounted it to a skinny layer of Basic Black and then to the Misty Moonlight card base.  

And inside:


This would be an easy card to reproduce, and I may just do that when I realize I'm running short on my Christmas cards!  


Product List

No comments: