Wednesday, October 9, 2019

It's Another Birthday Card!

Time for another birthday, this time for my son, Matt.  He's currently stationed at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland, so I don't get to see him and his family very often.  But I always remember the day he was born, and today, celebrate.


I love Night of Navy and Crumb Cake for a masculine card, don't you?

I turned to Everything Amazing for my images, and then remembered the Merry Christmas dies, which has this wonderful "Happy" die.  Isn't it perfect for a birthday?

A Night of Navy card base has a layer of Crumb Cake, and then I ran another piece through my embossing machine with the Corrugated embossing folder for a little texture.



After stamping my images in Night of Navy ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, they were cut with the Layering Squares dies and adhered to Navy squares cut with Stitched Shapes dies.

Then there's that "Happy":


I cut it out three times, twice in navy and once in Crumb Cake.  Then I stacked them all together, adhering them with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I love the depth and "shadow" effect you can achieve using this technique.

And those Merry Christmas dies has a great little die that was a perfect frame for my "birthday" stamp!  I love it when I can use my products for other than what they were intended.



Happy Birthday, Matt!


Product List





No comments: