Wednesday, October 23, 2019

"Pop Up Dead Guys"

OK, that title sounds horrible, but it's actually the text I got from my grandkids after they received the Halloween treats that I sent to them.

You see, I made some of the Coffin Treat Boxes, currently shown in the Holiday Catalog:


I had such fun putting them together.  Some were embossed (see the one on the left - I embossed the "lid" with the Tufted embossing folder), some were stamped and heat embossed (see the middle one with the skeleton stamps, which came in the Paper Pumpkin box in September), and then I had fun stamping and coloring the images from Spooktacular Bash.  And oh!  Those fabulous frames!  I'm loving the Ornate Frames dies (which are not only for Halloween--they work for any time of year, although they do coordinate perfectly with the Spooktacular Bash stamps.

But then I went a step further - I stamped and colored the Boo To You "Frankenstein" image and look what I did:


Mounting him on a thin strip of Window Sheet, I glued one end to the image and the other to the inside of the coffin box.  I was able to put the lid on, pushing Frankenstein into the box, and then, when the top is opened -


"Pop Up Dead Guys!"  So fun!

The actual text I got read, "Thanks, Grammy!  They were very impressed with your card and the coffins with the pop up dead guys"  ðŸ˜‚

And here they are:


That's Charlotte (3), Ethan (9) and Jacob (7) with their treats.  Makes my heart happy!

And the card:


I saw a card, I think by Su Mohr, but it was mostly black and white, with a colorful tree.  I decided to make mine a little more "spooky", and colored my spooky sky by sponging on Whisper White cardstock, using Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Blackberry Bliss and Night of Navy.  The tree branches are from the Colorful Seasons stamps and Seasonal Layers dies.


The brick wall is Whisper White cardstock, embossed with the Brick & Mortar folder and sponged with Smoky Slate ink.  The letters we cut with the Hand Lettered Prose dies and See A Silhouette paper.

A fun Halloween package for my Maryland kiddos!

You still have time to make some of these treats...products listed below.



And don't forget the 24-hour Stamp Sale - going on now!  Click here for select stamps and save 15%!

Product List



No comments: