Saturday, October 19, 2019

A Bright Birthday

Although I'm in the midst of creating a ton of holiday cards, from Halloween to Christmas, I want to stop and take a moment to point out the great sets we have for all-year use.  I absolutely love Well Said and the Well Written dies!  They are SO versatile, and can be used for many occasions.

So when I needed a birthday card for my granddaughter, what did I reach for?


This simple, but very bright birthday card was one I saw on Pinterest, and  I knew it would be perfect for Sophie.   Let's break it down:

The card base is Thick Whisper White, cut to 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".  The Poppy Parade layer is 4" x 5-1/4", and there is a Whisper White top layer that was run through my die cutting machine with the Subtle embossing folder


How simple (and perfect) are those flowers?  The 3-piece leaves are actually cut all at once with a die from Well Written.  I used Call Me Clover, and then I punched Pineapple Punch flowers.  I laid the flowers on the Stampin' Pierce Mat and pushed in the center with the end cover of my Take Your Pick tool, giving it a little dimension.  Then I added a pearl to the center.


Before running the top layer through the embossing machine, I stamped "Birthday" in Poppy Parade ink.  Then I cut "happy" from the dies.  Simple!  But so colorful!

It's hard to see past the wonderful items in the Holiday Catalog, but don't forget the basics!  Well Said and Well Written will get you through any occasion!


Product List





No comments: